Terms and Conditions
1. Tentative Bookings - Once space is booked; a deposit is due within 7 days. If deposit is not received, the space may be released for re-sale.
2. Deposit - An initial deposit of $500.00 or 25% of the total value of the function (whichever is greater) is payable. This deposit is required to confirm the booking. Progressive deposits may be required for larger events. Function sales will advise you of the deposit schedule.
3. Function Cancellations - In the event of a function cancelling, the following terms are applicable:
- All cancellations must be made in writing
- More than 60 days notice; the deposit is refundable in full
- Within 60 days of the proposed event date, the deposit is not refundable, but may be transferred once to an alternate date. In the event of that date being cancelled, the deposit will be forfeited.
- Within 40 days of the proposed event date, the cancellation fee will be 50% of the estimated value of the event.
- 7 days prior to the event the estimated value of the event will be applicable. -NB: Regardless of the cancellation notice, when an event is cancelled, any costs for a third party contractor agreed by the event organiser, which are not refundable the client will be charged for these costs.
4. Reduction in numbers charges - Any decrease in catering numbers in excess of 20%, less than 21 days prior to the event will incur a charge of the per head catering component.
5. Menus and Prices - Every endeavourer is made to maintain menus and prices as printed, but these may be subject to change at management's discretion from time to time.
6. Final Details - Menus, beverage arrangements, audio visual requirements, room set ups, starting and finishing times must be confirmed in writing 10 days prior to the function.
7. Guaranteed numbers - Are required 5 working days prior to the function and charges will be based on guaranteed numbers or final head count, whichever is greater.
8. Function Room - The organiser agrees to begin the function and vacate the designated function space at the scheduled times. In the occurrence a function should go beyond the agreed finishing time, Functions at Melbourne reserves the right to impose a labour charge for each hour the function space is occupied.
9. Other functions - Functions at Melbourne reserves the right to book other functions in the same function room up to one hour before the scheduled function commencement time and one hour after the scheduled function finishing time.
10. Payment - All function accounts are to be paid for in full (7) working days prior to the function unless alternative arrangements have been made with Functions at Melbourne. All approved credit arrangements require full payment within (14) days of the function. Payments by credit cards in excess of $1000.00 shall attract a 2% surcharge.
11. Room Rental - Are subject to numbers of guests in attendance and overall catering requirements.
12. Security - Functions at Melbourne, will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to any equipment or merchandise left in premises prior to, during, or after the function. Security and building supervisor staff will be engaged at the function organisers expense if deemed necessary by Functions at Melbourne. We are happy to discuss arrangements with you.
13. Damages - Clients will assume responsibility, and the client shall indemnify Functions at Melbourne, for any damages caused during the function by any of their guests or any other persons attending the function, whether in the rooms reserved or in any part of MUSUL.
14. Compliance - Clients will be responsible to ensure the orderly behaviour of their guests and Functions at Melbourne reserves the right to intervene and exclude or eject any guest from the function or the building.
15. Displays and Signage - No items are to be attached, pinned or glued to the wall surfaces of the MUSUL building any signage must be approved by the Functions at Melbourne.
16. Delivery and Collection of Goods - All goods are to be delivered to Functions at Melbourne between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday â€“ Friday.
17. Staff Charges - Should your function or catering event fall outside our minimum numbers or package costing a service charge may apply. Staff are charged at the following rates: * Monday to Saturday $37.00 per hour * Sunday and public holidays $45.00 per hour * Minimum call out charge for staff 4 hours
18. Standard staffing ratio: * 1 staff member per 15 guests for a seated dinner * 1 staff member per 20 guests for a cocktail function * 1 supervisor per 200 guests * 1 bar person per 100 guests
19. Surcharges - 15% on Sundays 20% on Public holidays. Calculated on total food and beverage spend.
20. Off-site catering - Catering organisers please ensure the following; * All table and rubbish bins are available at the delivery site * All relevant building supervisors and attendants are aware of the catering for access, set-up,Cleaning and departure.
21. Off-site catering minimum numbers - 15 people. Below may incur a$45 surcharge.
22. Late orders - Orders places under 24 hours may incur a $45.00 surcharge.
23. Standard delivery and return charge - $25.00
24. Force Majeure - Should any act of god such as a earthquake, fire, flood, civil disturbance or industrial action prevent either the organiser or Functions at Melbourne form carrying out their obligations under this agreement, neither the organiser nor the MUSUL shall be liable for the non-performance under this agreement. In the event the organiser cancels for reasons of Force Majeure all deposits will be refunded except the initial deposit. If Functions at Melbourne cancels the agreement due to Force Majeure all deposits will be refunded.